Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Day of Relaxation

So........ I did it. I finally got my very first massage. And it was WONDERFUL! I have been saving up these gift cards I got for this very occasion -- a few for my baby shower at work, one from a co-worker of Mike's at Christmas. Mike was working from home and said he would watch the kids so he told me to go use them yesterday. I had enough saved up on the cards that I was able to get a spa package- THE OASIS: one hour hot tub room, one hour body massage, 30 minute foot treament and 30 minute facial. The hot tub room was amazing- a whole room to myself that had a resting area, shower, hot tub, sauna and cold plunge (yes, I tried them all multiple times). But my favorite was for the last 10 minutes of my massage she used hot stones. oh my goodness. WOW. I came home feeling like a new woman and a million bucks. Mike said the scent of rosemary mint followed me for the rest of the night :)

6 comments:

neuroticmom said...

Now I am seriously, seriously jealous!

maline said...

oh gurl, I hope you soaked that up! Nothing compares to a good massage! That experience sounds heavenly. On quite a few occasions lately I've found myself thinking of that calgon bath commercial from back in the day. the one where the frantic mom thinks to herself, "calgon, take me away", and she is immediately whisked away to spa bath!

Cheri said...

Whoa, how did you not mention this to me??!! Amazing. So jealous. My mom has her massage therapy license and has given me one massage but it's been 8+ years and there are so many days I could benefit!

Kimberlee said...

Never done it. Sounds like a dream. Geees Mel, good for you!

Angie Lewis said...

Man, I'm so jealous - sounds like it was amazing! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

HeatherD said...

I am so jealous. That is seriously a dream of mine.