Thursday, June 12, 2008

Our New House

Everyone has been asking for pictures of our new place that we are renting so here they are. Granted, I only took pictures of the rooms that were decorated and unpacked. We were so lucky to have found this place though. It was such a breath of fresh air after looking at old, dirty, and run-down places for the same price. This home has 3 bedrooms plus a loft and 2.5 bathrooms. The main floor has hardwood floors which I love and the upstairs has carpet that is WHITE!! Yea, good luck with keeping that clean, eh? It has a 2 car garage which is going to be great for storage too since there is no basement. Yes, I know there is a huge tree blocking the view of half of the house. We are going to trim that but haven't gotten around to it just yet.

I love being able to send the kids to the backyard to play. They love playing in the sprinklers and just running around. There are also lemon and lime trees back here.

Here is the view from the front door as you walk in. There is a small room off to the right and then there is a bathroom on the left. The hallway leads back to the main room in the back of the house.
On top of the stairs is the loft which I haven't decided what to do with yet. We have the computer and the piano up there for now.
Pictures of the front room.
The family room
The dining room. This is the view from the kitchen. Off to the left is the big patio door leading to the backyard.
Our dining room and kitchen (view from the family room)
Kitchen


Makenzie's room (obviously)




I don't have pictures of the master bedroom, bathroom or loft b/c they are still full of boxes. My favorite things about the house so far: the big family/dining/kitchen room, the backyard, and the garage. My least favorite: the white carpet!!

11 comments:

Chris said...

Mel
How adorable is your house. I love it, it looks like there is a lot of space. I can't believe you allready have so much of it decorated and looking beautiful. The yard looks so nice too. It looks so nice. You are amazing to have it look so good so fast.

Angie Lewis said...

It looks like a really nice place! Thanks for posting pictures...you are great at decorating everything - I'm going to need to hire you when we have a place! :)

Brittany and Steve Macbeth said...

Wow! That is a grat house. I would kill for a backyard! You decorate so cute! I am jealous! I hope you guys are settling in, and like where you are.

HeatherD said...

Your place looks so nice. It took me weeks to get our place in order when we moved. You are speedy. It will be nice to envision where you are. How is Mike's work???

Erika said...

I really like the house Melanie. I cannot even believe that you already have everything looking so cute and organized. Well, yeah, I can believe it I guess. It is you after all:) My place still doesn't look that good after almost 3 years. You do decorate really well. It really is a cute house.

Alyssa said...

Um, can we say "Pottery Barn." I think that you were meant to be an interior designer for pottery barn. . .or something along those lines. It all looks perfect. . .almost too perfect. But, that's usually the case when it comes to how your house looks. I love it! I would love to have that kind of room. Looks like "home". . .as unwilling as I am to admit that!

neuroticmom said...

What a cute house. You are so on the ball to have it all decorated so soon.

The Seedall Family said...

Hi Mel,
Your house looks so great. I am so glad you found something that works for you guys right now. We miss you here but hope you are settling in.
Melissa

Laura said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! Congrats on finding a place AND unpacking--two very impressive things in my book!! I think it will take me about 6 months to get things even on the wall! it is so cute and I can't wait to see it in person!! The backyard is so private too and everything of yours fits in perfectly! I'm so glad that you found it!! And you might as well start saving up for new carpet because...well good luck!

Debra said...

Mel you are amazing! The house looks great and so put together! I'm with Erika...my house doesn't look that good after 9 years! You must lend your skills to the needy (namely me) when we move into our new house...even via internet I bet you would be fabulous at decorating! I loved the pics of the giant trees and Mike's geek commentary...we've always wanted to visit that place. Maybe one day. And, just so you know that I am thinking of you...As I was eating my most scrumptious chicken salad from Cafe Rio the other day I said, "this delicious bite is for Melanie" and I truly felt sorry for you. It was so good, no one should ever have to be denied. My heart goes out to you dear. I miss you and I hope everything works out in Cali!

Teresa said...

Your house looks so cute of course! You have such great taste. I'm glad you got there ,moved in and having fun. We miss you at work.
Take Care