Monday, March 23, 2009

Disneyland

I know it's taken me way too long to post these but better late than never. A few weeks ago we went down to Disneyland to spend 5 days in the park with Jeff and Amy. It was so much fun!! Austin did fairly well after the first day of adjustment and Makenzie and Tyler were in heaven.

The last day we finally found Mickey Mouse to take our picture with. What a great ending to a great vacation.




Here is a picture of Jeff and all the kids (minus Sam) watching Mike and I go on the Boomerang in California Adventure.

Makenzie got so tired by the end of the day that she would literally fall asleep if she stood still long enough. Here she is asleep on Mike's shoulders. She also fell asleep at the dinner table at Cafe Orleans and on my lap after the fireworks. This girl needs her sleep!!


This trip Tyler mastered Thundermountain Railroad, Space Mountain, and Splash Mountain. He screamed the entire way on the Indiana Jones ride. Makenzie didn't even bother to try any of these rides. Maybe next time.

The kids at breakfast with Minnie. YUM!!!


This River Run ride was so much fun. Amy convinced me and the kids to go on it by saying that you don't get very wet. Then while we are in line I read the sign that says, "You WILL get wet. You MAY get soaked." Great. Luckily, I wasn't the one to get soaked- Lucy and Josh were. We screamed and laughed the entire ride- Tyler screamed and cried the entired ride. Apparently he didn't like getting wet. This was one of my favorite disneyland moments! thanks Amy.

One of Kenzie's favorite rides- the teacups.

8 comments:

HeatherD said...

Soooo fun! Disneyland is the absolutely best place ever. It's so carefree and fun. My babies always did extremely well at Disneyland. They were born for it. It was in their genes. :) We miss you guys!

neuroticmom said...

I have been to D-land about 9 times the last few years, and my all-time favorite moment from all of the trips was the Grizzly River Run with you and Tyler. I still laugh hysterically when I think about it. We had the best time (until the Thurs. night). We'll have to do it again next year (we want to try for January this time). It was so great to see you all. Love little darling Austin.

Chris said...

The picture of Makenzie asleep on Mike's head is adorable. She is so sweet. I am so happy for you that Austin was a good little baby at Disneyland. I was thinking you need a moving walkway in your house like in airports, that you could connect your stroller to then Austin could ride in his stroller whenever you need to get things done. You can thank me for this genius idea later.
Jeni

Kimberlee said...

Okay good post. My favorite pict. is the one with all the kids sitting on the ground and the two random strangers looking like they are smiling and posing for the picture as well. You gotta love D-land. Austin is getting big. He still feels fictious to me. I need to see him in the flesh.

Alyssa said...

Wow, how fun. First of all you look great!!! And I love your hair like that. The kids look so big. Even Austin, I can't believe how different he looks. I wish we could have gone with you! Chase would love to see Winnie the Pooh right now. And I love the picture of Kensie on Mikes shoulders. I miss you guys!

Halladay said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Looking at your pictures makes me want to take my kids. I can't believe that Tyler went on Indiana Jones! That's so cool!

Jana said...

sigh. i'm so jealous - it looks like you guys had so much fun!

when we were watching alice in wonderland at your house, makenzie's eyes got super wide and she said "this is the song from the teacup ride!" haha, it was too cute!

Jaclyn said...

I love these pictures!! They are so cute. I wish I could go to disneyland too. You look so good!!