Sunday, April 5, 2009

4 months old and happy about it

Austin just turned 4 months old. He weighs 15 pounds and is growing like crazy! I'm always amazed at how fast they grow the first year. He is very strong and always wants to be standing or sitting up. He is extremely smiley- especially in the morning.



Austin is currently amazed with his hands and what he can do with them. He is trying to grab everything and stuff it in his mouth. And he drools like none other as you can see in the next picture.



Makenze wanted some pictures of her taken since I was taking pictures of Austin. She is so tall now. Here she is with one of her new favorite toys- BOLT.

Her expression in this picture cracks me up. She is always making us laugh.


Austin does like his saucer but only for a little while at a time. He mostly wants to be held and toted around.



Tyler and Austin are already great friends.
I hope they grow up to be best buds.

Yesterday we started feeding Austin rice cereal. He LOVED it. We can't feed it to him fast enough.


9 comments:

Angie Lewis said...

Cute pics, Mel! I think Austin looks like Tyler in some of them. We're excited to come see you guys in a few weeks! :)

Laura said...

such cute pics--he looks so happy! What a fun little bro! I'm so jelous you went to disneyland--it is so fun! we would love to make it back there while we are in Cali! did you drive? How long did it take? Glad you guys are having a good time!

Jeff said...

Cute, cute kiddies.

Kimberlee said...

Oh I want to meet him so bad. Picts of the kids are cute. It makes me so sad they are changing soooo fast. Can't wait for Bear Lake!

HeatherD said...

Oh Melanie, he is such a handsome guy. I just want to snuggle him so bad. We miss you guys so much.

neuroticmom said...

Austin just gets cuter and cuter. I'm glad he is such a happy baby for you. It makes such a difference.

april said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE PICTURES!!! oh, and the one of kenzie is so cute. the facial expression is priceless.

jodi said...

Oh I love that stage! I can't beleive how fast he is growing...

Sarah said...

SO CUTE! I loved seeing so many pictures! Your little girl is BEAUTIFUL. . .

And Austin looks so much like you and Mike (appropriately so, since he's your offspring!)

We miss you guys a ton!

And I get what you say about them growing so fast. It's fun when the wee little ones start doing things like sitting up and eating, etc., but it always makes me sad to put that first batch of clothes away and start buying the next size of diapers. They are soooo tiny for so little time, and then they just keep growing and growing and every day gets more exciting and challenging.

good stuff!