Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's day, T-ball and More

I took some pictures of Austin today. I can't believe how fast he is growing up. I love the stage he is in now--almost 6 months. He's just the perfect size to snuggle and cuddle with. He rolls over all the time and tries to sit up on his own although he's still wobbly. He loves to smile and is super squirmy -- I think I'm going to really have my hands full once he starts crawling.



Part of me wishes that Austin could stay in this phase forever. I love this guy!



Tyler's been playing on a t-ball league this spring. It's been so much fun to go and watch his team, the Rivercats, play. Here he is... Mr. Intensity.


For the Mother's Day weekend we drove down to Bakersfield to visit my parents. The weather was great so the kids went swimming. Makenzie and Tyler love jumping off the rocks into the pool. I love this picture becausde it looks like Makenzie is jumping so high.

tyler doing a cannonball into the pool


This picture cracks me up. Austin started using this bouncer about 3 weeks ago. He loves it just as much as Tyler and Makenzie did. Only difference is that he occasionally falls asleep in it. I don't know if he is sleep-deprived or just finds the bouncing really relaxing. Mike and I got a video recording of it that I'm going to try to put on the blog. It is hilarious! What a silly boy!

9 comments:

Cheri said...

He is adorable! I still love how his whole body smiles with his face. And - holy cow - I want to go swimming at your parents' house too!

Angie Lewis said...

It was so fun to see you guys! Cute pictures! Thanks for helping me figure out some more about photoshop...I'm going to have to play with it more.

Kimberlee said...

I miss swimming with you guys. I want to come over to your Mom's pool. Austin is a cutie. I saw your video in Brigham. Talk to ya soon.

neuroticmom said...

I am so jealous that you are enjoying your baby (but happy for you). I just remember Sam at 6 months and me hating every minute of it. Austin is so precious and sweet.

neuroticmom said...

....maybe one more that I can enjoy this time?

Laura said...

I LOVE his smile!! I'm sure that everyone says things differently but to me he looks like you! What a nice pool for the kids! I'm glad you got to go see your family...how is your dad?? I remember going to my bros T ball games--How old do they have to be? We want to try and get H into soccer next year but he's not intense like Ty, so I dont' know how it will go for him! Fun times!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, Mel! What a handsome little man. . . so cute. And Mackenzie is her mom's daughter. She'll be cliff diving at Lake Powell in no time at all. Hopefully not with the inflatable ring around her waist, though! ha ha

We really really really miss you guys!

Austin is really a beautiful (can I use that adjective on a male?) little baby. So handsome.

jodi said...

You guys have the most adorable kids! He is so handsome and growing so fast... That pool looks like so much fun I am jealous!

Jaclyn said...

Mel-
He is getting so big. I can not believe he is 6 months old. How crazy. Gracee is totally crawling and is every where! We miss you at work.
Jac