Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Worst Mom Ever!!!

I can not believe this just happened. Mike called me at 2:00 today from work. Here was our conversation:
Mike: Hey- do you know what day it is today?
Me: Yea, Wednesday... so?
Mike: So guess who is sitting in the principal's office.
Me: What? Tyler is in trouble?
Mike: It's early out day today.
Me: What? What?
Mike: It's EARLY OUT today. They got out at 1:20! They need you to pick up Tyler.
Me: (silence)....................... OH CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes... I FORGOT!!! The sad thing is that I was just sitting at home doing nothing except folding laundry and trying to entertain Austin until he could take a nap (after I picked up Tyler). I was just sitting there waiting for 2:30 to roll around. AFter Mike called, I booked it over to the school with the other two kids, all the time thinking what a horrible mom I am. Poor Tyler was the last kid to be picked up. He had been sitting there for almost 45 minutes waiting for me. I felt so bad I took him straight to McD's for ice cream... Isn't that HORRIBLE?!!!!

How could I forget???!!!!! I still can not believe it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel too bad...I forgot Rhianna in kindergarten - same deal, early out day, but I was taking a nap and almost didn't answer the phone. And I am sure the ice cream helped.

maline said...

Uhmm yea, super horrible! I did that last year with Savanna except I was a sleep and didn't hear the phone ring the 3 times they called me. Nice one, right?! It wasn't early release either.... Not my finest hour! I like to think of it as a right of passage as a mom. :)

Kimberlee said...

EVERY MOM forgets early out at least once! I did. Felt like the worst Mom ever too. Last week I was just 10 minutes late to get Coop. He was in the office already. I went in to get him and he yelled and I quote..."Where have you been Lady?!" I felt bad even 10 minutes late. Whatever, I had to hoof it home back in the day.

neuroticmom said...

That happened to Lucy this week too. Only it wasn't my turn to carpool. It was the other mom's turn and man, did I think she was horrible! (Just kidding). It's so hard to remember everyone's schedule. Go easy on yourself.

Angie Lewis said...

You're not horrible - like everyone said, I think it's happened to ALL moms. I'm sure Ty totally forgot it even happened by the time he was eating his ice cream :)

HeatherD said...

That is one of my new worst nightmares. Since I'm new at this stuff, I check the clock a hundred times while she is gone. I know that my day will come.

Cheri said...

so...they called mike and not you?

Sarah said...

Oh, poor Mel. As Heather said, I'm sure my day will come too. I could post several "worst mom ever" stories: ie the time I peed my pants because I yelled so loudly, the time my daughter said "damn it" in primary, the time I heard little carson say, "Mom, you mad-a-me?" (gulp). I would go on, but I'm starting to feel badly.

Oh, and we miss you! ;)