Tuesday, December 22, 2009

December Fun

This December has been busy,busy, busy. Especially the last two weeks. The time I've spent baking alone would probably add up to a good solid 36 hours. But we've been able to do some really fun things together as a family too which I love around the Christmas season. This year I decided to take Makenzie to the nutcracker ballet in San Francisco. I've never been and neither had she so it was exciting for both of us. She LOVED it!!! She kept looking over me and smiling and of course, had to comment about every single outfit, especially the dresses and tutus. What a great mommy/daughter date.


We also went up to the Oakland temple to view the lights and visit the Visitors Center. We missed the snow and lights we would have seen at SLC but lights on palm trees are pretty cool too.



And of course, no christmas would be complete without a visit from Santa. Thankfully a good friend had a Christmas party at her houe that Santa came to which saved me a dreaded trip to the mall. Austin and Makenzie were both a little wary of the big man in red.


Yesterday we went down with some friends to San Jose Christmas in the Park. It was fun to walk around and see all the trees and decorations. Tyler even got lucky and saw some random Star Wars Storm Trooper walking around (maybe from the Tech museum close by??) and got his picture with them.


5 comments:

dersley said...

I love that you and McKenzie went to the nutcracker. I almost took Lilly this year, but decided she was too young.

Looks like you have had a fun December.

Angie Lewis said...

So cute - what a fun thing that you and Kenzie got to go to the Nutcracker. That's awesome! Glad you guys are having fun. We'll miss seeing you this Christmas!

neuroticmom said...

We sure missed you guys for Christmas! I've only ever been to the San Francisco Ballet's Nutcracker once but I remember it was spectacular!!!! I want to go with you guys one of these years.

Kimberlee said...

Coop was jealous of the storm troopers. Missed you guys this week:)

Laura said...

it looks like you guys have been having fun! you have to put up Christmas pics...did you go to your family's? How fun to see the nutcracker in SF!! I can't believe you have another one year old!!! Time does fly by!