Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Makenzie's haircut



Mike convinced me the other day to take Makenzie and get her hair cut to her chin. I was definitely hesitant at first because for some reason I feel like all little girls should have long hair. Plus it has taken forever just to get Makenzie's hair past her shoulders. But then I realized that when her hair is long I never let her just wear it down because it gets so tangly and looks so blah. I always have to braid it or put it in a ponytail. Now that it's cut it is so easy to do and she can wear it down every day. We told her she was getting a princess haircut and so now she goes around telling everyone all about it.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel! I absolutely love her hair... it's so adorable. I miss you tons, I wish I was there. You have no idea how hard this is sometimes.

Ape

Angie Lewis said...

She looks so cute! That was a lot of hair to cut off - but it should definitely be easier for you now.

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I love the haircut. She has the perfect little face for short hair.

Ryan, Jaina, Austin & Keeton said...

I love her haircut, very cute. It has the perfect amount of flippy's at the bottom. Good Job Mom and Dad.

Unknown said...

Cute haircut! Hey sorry to bug you about this again...but about those blog backgrounds... I found the paper in photobucket, but I just can't figure out how to edit the html. I keep copying the one from photobucket and trying to paste it in my layout's html...but it won't work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

jodi said...

She looks darling- she is growing up too fast! I can't wait to go scrap booking- I totally need to get out of the house!

Chris said...

SO CUTE! I am just waiting for Aliza to get a little hair that can be cut. But Makenzie looks just so cute, I love it.

Laura said...

She's adorable Mel!! Just like mama! Hope all is well!! I need to call you and see how moving plans are going!

dersley said...

Melanie!!! I just found the link to your blog from Laura's site and am very excited. It has been way too long. How are you doing? Your kids are adorable and so is their gorgeous mom. I love the long hair. Anyways, I hope you don't mind if I stop by and say "hi" every once and awhile. I have a blog too at
http://ahappyfamily22.blogspot.com/

check back with you soon,

Jennifer Allen

Jeff said...

Love the haircut. It looks great on her.

Teresa said...

Her new cut is so cute! How's work? I don't miss it at all but I do miss working with all you gals!
Teresa

Teresa said...

Melanie,
I would love to get together and scrapbook, let me know for sure when and where you guys are doing it and I'm there!
Teresa