Monday, February 4, 2008

Stressed out

Do you ever feel like you just need to take a moment to stop, take a deep breath in and let it out? I don't know if I would ever be good at the meditating thing since sometimes I can't sit still, but I'm sure it would be good for me. I get stressed so easily sometimes.
I have been so stressed out lately thinking about everything that needs to happen before we move. Yea, I know I still have three months but I know it's going to go fast and worry is what I do best sometimes. Plus, we asked our landlord if we could stay an extra month since our contract is up in April and Mike doesn't start his job until June. He said only if we could find someone ourselves. We started asking around... at work, at church, at school and still couldn't find anyone. I was starting to seriously worry that come May 1st we would have to pack up and move in with my parents for a month. Not a bad option but that would leave us with nothing to do and no income for a month.
But today I put our apartment on Craigslist and KSL.com and had ten people contact me in the first few hours. One lady already said that she wants it and is ready to put a deposit down. Hooray. I'm feeling better about that. It will give us an extra month to stay and get things ready. So tonight I'm trying to do myself a favor by taking a deep breath and just relaxing.
Sometimes I forget that it will all work out.
That is one of my favorite quotes by Pres. Hinckley. "It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us, if we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers"

4 comments:

Angie Lewis said...

You're right - it'll all work out. We're starting to worry about moving too, and what a big pain it will be. I'm sad that you guys will already be gone when we move there. I guess we'll just have to come out to Cali to visit you!

Unknown said...

Melanie, I think I saw you at the gym on Wednesday morning. Was that you on the eliptical? I wasn't sure cause I was running behind you but I didn't want to come up in your face just to find out it wasn't you :). Haha...anyways...good luck with all the moving stuff. See ya later.

Chris said...

actually its Jeni. Ah Melanie, always so wise. I feel the same way right now, although we're not going so far, it's more like where are we going to live for me. I try to remember the same thing it will work out. I can't remember a time it hasn't. I love your blog.

Kari said...

So true, Melanie. I love that quote! Take one day at a time. I do have one moving tip for you... Keep an open box easily accessable of 1.hand soap (for the nurses :)
2. paper towels, 3. a little dish and laundry soap and of course, 4. toilet paper! Oh, so fun to move. Good times.