Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Pictures

We decided to drive down to Bakersfield on Christmas Eve to spend a few days with my parents. It was fun to open all of our presents there. We always act out the nativity story on Christmas Eve. This year Mike and Makenzie were Mary and Joseph, Austin was baby Jesus, and Tyler and I were sheperds.

I love this picture of Makenzie. It's a true miracle because she is actually smiling nicely AND looking at the camera at the same time. AMAZING!!

Here she is holding Austin. I literally have to keep Tyler and makenzie from fighting over who gets to hold Austin first. They ADORE him!!

Just a few weeks old. Look at those hands!

Bath time in the kitchen sink. Austin LOVES the bath. He always makes the silliest faces while he's in there.

So-- as you can tell, I chopped my hair off. I'm still undecided as to whether or not I like it as much as my long hair. I think the short hair makes me look a lot older. But it's nice because it's so easy and fast to do. Now I can work at growing it out again. Here is a picture of April and I together. April surprised my parents this year and just showed up on their doorstep a few days before Christmas! It was so good to see her and so nice to have her around to help out with Austin. She loves babies and I swear that Austin LOVED her. She could always get him to calm down when he was fussy. Too bad she can't come home with me too.

Another silly face!!

This Christmas was a Lego christmas for Tyler. He got four different Starwars Lego ships to build- this was one of the smallest. Unfortunately it only took him a few days to do them all and now I have nothing left to entertain him with :) ha ha.

My mom, April and Austin.

I know it doesn't really look like it, but Austin is finally putting on more weight. He almost has a double chin now and his thighs actually have some fat on him. I'm glad that all those feedings are doing something.



10 comments:

jodi said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! I love the nativity pictures and your hair is adorable!

Jana said...

your haircut is darling!

i can't wait to see your new little one at church soon :)

Jaclyn said...

Melanie-
I love Austin. He is so cute! Oh-and your hair is way cute too. Looks like you are having a great time. Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!!
Jaclyn

Angie Lewis said...

Awwww...sad that we couldn't be out there. I'm glad you guys had a fun Christmas with the parents. Your hair looks really cute. I've been debating whether or not to cut mine lately...I can never make up my mind! Thanks a ton for the gifts, by the way! Chris loves his "fridge farm" and we enjoyed a great game of Seinfeld Scene It on Christmas day!

neuroticmom said...

Oh, he is just the cutest thing ever! I can't wait to see him in March. Makenzie looks so much older to me. Don't worry, Tyler should grow out of his lego phase in....NEVER! Josh still begs for legos and they just get bigger and more expensive. I HATE LEGOS!!! :)

neuroticmom said...

Oh yeah, and your hair cut is super cute!

Kimberlee said...

It is good to see all of you. I missed you a ton over the Holidays! YOur hair is cute! I've been thinking of cutting mine. Call me!!!!!!!!!

Alan said...

Your hair looks really cute! you are looking good girl! How come your ta ta's are so small!? Mine are looking scary these days!:) I think Austin looks a lot like Tyler. He is really cute!

HeatherD said...

I loved the picture of Kenz, she is so pretty. I love that you blog because we have all been able to fall in love with Austin even though he is so far away. We love you guys and hope you had great holidays. I plan on calling you after the kids go to bed tonight. Talk to you later!

Cheri said...

Those are great pictures. I agree, that one of Makenzie is very cute. And I love your hair, by the way. :)