Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Our First House



It is official. Today we closed on our first house! We are so thrilled to finally be home-owners after 10 years of renting. About 6 months ago, Mike's work told him that he could work remotely. At that point we started thinking that maybe we would try to buy a house in a year or so. But then when it was time to re-sign our rental contract- they decided to raise the rent to $2500. That definitely sped up our decision to buy. We found this beautiful home in Syracuse, Utah that we fell in love with. I am so excited to start decorating and buying some furniture (our old couch is staying here along with some other choice objects). We have a little more than 3 weeks and then we'll be there. Crazy!!!

10 comments:

Cheri said...

SAD! But man, that house is beautiful.

Kori said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see how cute you decorate it.

Robert and Megan Elliott said...

You will be missed! Wow that is a beautiful house. Let us know if you need any help or boxes.

Angie Lewis said...

Hooray! I'm so excited for you. Although owning a house is so much work. Jon and I are constantly amazed by the amount of projects and things that are always going to be piling up on a never-ending "to do" list. But it's fabulous to have a place of our own. I LOVE the pics of your kids. Holy cow - I can't believe how grown up Austin looks. Can't wait to see you guys in FL!! :)

Kimberlee said...

Congrats! Such a big deal to buy your first home:) I am glad you are on your way back home:)

Sarah said...

YAY! I hope you post pictures of every space from every angle. Very important. Or maybe I'll just have to "swing by" and see it for myself. I'm really excited that I can just "swing by!!!"

Amy said...

Hooray! Its official then! Can't wait to come visit :)

Erika said...

What? You are moving back to Utah? Yay!! You better come down here and visit us AF girls sometimes. I'm so excited for you!!

Kelli said...

Yipee! It will be nice to have you guys close again! Can't wait to see the new place!

neuroticmom said...

I'm so excited that you got the house. I love it!