Monday, January 14, 2008

For Granted

Realize that life is the best thing ever, and that you have no business taking it for granted
-Anna Quindlen
Every once in a while I get in a rut where I just mope around and am down and depressed for a few days. I just had that last week for not really any good reason. Reading this quote really made me take a look at myself and realize, I don't have anything to mope about. I have a beautiful family who are all healthy and happy. I have a wonderful job. I have friends who support me. I really don't have anything to complain about.
Sometimes I just take my life for granted. And as the quote says, I really have no business doing that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel! I'm so happy for you! you do such a good job at blogging. except there isnt one about how much you miss me and how much you value our friendship.. that hurts. I mean i wrote you a poem even. :) HOPE YOU ARE HAVING FUN AT WORK. save some babies!

Jaclyn said...

Melanie-
Love your blog. The colors are great. It is looking so good. You are so smart to figure it out. Thanks again for making my blog exceptional!! See ya on Thursday.
Jaclyn

Laura said...

Mel I love your blog!!! You all are so cute and I love all the pics! It sounds like you are having a blast and had a great Christmas. That is so exciting about Mike's Job! How close to your family are you going to be?! Anyway TOO exciting!! Congrats!!! Good luck at work! Laura Linton

Alyssa said...

I'm right there with you on the rut thing. It always happens to me in January. But I'm determined to make this week better. We just need to hang out more. I love your new blog look! Mine needs a major overhaul. It was fun hagging out last night. I'm really going to miss you and your family when you guys leave.

Ryan, Jaina, Austin & Keeton said...

Your new paper looks great, thanks for figuring that out for us. I like your quote too. It is nice to be humbled, so you appreciate what you have. Some times we need something to help us gain perspective. Thanks for being such a bubbly, and adorable gal!

Unknown said...

Ok, so Melanie...it seems that you are the one who has figured out how to do these totally cute blog backgrounds! I need to know!!! Yours, Jodi's, and Jaclyn's blogs are so adorable. Teach me! :) ...and congrats on the upcoming move! You will love CA!