Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A blessing in disguise

Mike and I were a little upset when we found out our landlord wasn't going to let us stay the extra month we wanted to. We had found someone to move in June 1st but then found out that our landlord was going to raise the rent $200. So after that we just decided to go ahead and move out earlier than we would have liked. Luckily, my parents were willing to let us come and stay with them for a month since we will be income-less for all of May. However, now I see that really it was a blessing in disguise. A couple of weeks ago my dad was diagnosed with cancer of the lymph nodes. He just started chemotherapy last week and has to get it every three weeks for the next 6 months. I know that it will be such a blessing for us and hopefully for my parents
to have that month together. I can help take care of my dad and the kids can help to distract him. It's amazing how some things just work out for the best.

9 comments:

Angie Lewis said...

You definitely will be a blessing for your parents! It was so fun to come visit you the other day - thanks for the delicious lunch! :) Good luck with the move!

jodi said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, I can't imagine what you must be going through... I hope everything goes well!

Debra said...

Oh Mel, I'm so sorry your family is going through this. Your right though, this time together will form some really special bonds and may have just been what everyone needed. Love, prayers, and thoughts are being sent your way!

Anonymous said...

Amen to that SISTA! Oh, and i talked to mom about my feelings on some of this...

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. It's amazing how these things work out for the best in the end. I am so sad to hear that news. Brian and I have been worried for you ever since we heard. Our prayers are with you guys.

Jeff said...

Our prayers are definitely with your dad and you. It is funny how things work out.

The Queen said...

So sorry. Glad you are there to help out.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Ryan, Jaina, Austin & Keeton said...

I feel for you, right now my Dad is ok after his surgery. I hope you get to make some new lasting memories, no matter what happens. I will miss you so much,thank you for being so great. Love ya