Monday, April 28, 2008

Terrified!!

Don't worry everyone- more pictures are coming but we are literally in the middle of moving and I can't get my pictures onto my blog right now. But I just needed to vent right now because quite frankly I am terrified. So much has been going on that it all hasn't hit me yet. The move, the friends I'm going to miss, family I'm going to miss,...
I've just been so dang busy running here to there, packing, cleaning, working, mike's graduation-
and I still have two more weeks of running to go. We're packing the truck today, driving out to California tomorrow, then this weekend we might drive to San Jose to find a place to rent in June, then next week we are flying to NYC for a week.
And I'm scared because I know what's coming eventually. It's all going to hit me at one time really hard. And I'll probably have a "Melanie breakdown" which usually includes a lot of crying and a lot of despairing with Mike rubbing my back, telling me it's going to be okay.
It's really not fun to witness. But I just don't know how to avoid it. Maybe if I could just be busy and running around for the rest of my life it would never come- but that doesn't sound like too much fun either. So I will just accept the inevitable and know that in a few weeks, I will be having a meltdown, missing all of you and everything that we are leaving.
Love you all!

5 comments:

Erika said...

Melanie,

I know what you mean. I have been there and done that. It does all hit you later and yes, I had a meltdown when we moved to AR. You will adjust though and CA is definitely better than AR. I will miss working with you on our Friday night. At least I am off this Friday night so I will not notice that I am missing you as bad. Good Luck in CA!! Keep your blog updated. I actually updated mine finally. I will try to do better.

HeatherD said...

We were both really sad to not be able to make it to the dessert farewell. Brian had to work late and didn't get off till six. We debated hopping in the car and cruising down there, but I was feeling so sick and Brian is still getting over his. Adin is just getting it and Meg still has a nasty cough. It is so so sad we missed it. Good luck on the drive! Start planning your first visit back to Utah now.

Brittany and Steve Macbeth said...

Good luck with your drive and your move! I too have been there, it's tough. They say change is good - I always wonder who "they" are, and what do they know. Anyway, I really do hope you guys enjoy San Jose, it seems like a nice area. Like I said before if you need anything let us know, we aren't far.
-Brittany

neuroticmom said...

I am so sad that you have moved already. This last year has been so terrible for me and I feel like I've hardly been able to be a good friend and sister in law. I will miss you so much! Remember February, though!

Laura said...

Melanie--wait to have that meldown with me because I will be doing that in about a month (if we find a place!) when I get out there!! we should save our husgands the grief and just get it over with together and then we can just laugh at ourselves right??!! Tons of luck Mel! Hang inthere and remember IT'S OKAY TO HAVE A MELANIE BREAKDOWN because you can only handle so much and Melanie you really do handle a lot--I have always looked up to you for that!!