Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hallelujah

So last night was my very last graveyard shift at American fork Hospital Labor and Delivery. I feel like I am on cloud nine to know that I am done with night shifts for a while. I might actually function like a normal person this summer and not like a zombie. It hasn't really hit me yet- in fact none of it has with the move. I've just been so busy with work, Mike's graduation , my dad's illness and packing that I haven't really had time to let it all sink in. So as of right now, I don't miss it. But I know I will. I know that I will really miss all of the friends I have there. Some I've had now for five years. And I have so many good and funny memories from working there. You really start to bond with people when you're up at 3:00 am together. But as for right now, I'm just going to relax and sit back and remind myself that I don't have to worry and plan my life around my work and sleep schedule anymore. I love this feeling!!

8 comments:

Angie Lewis said...

I don't know how you did it! You're amazing, Mel! I'm glad you'll get a break...are you going to work in Cali?

Chris said...

Yeah! You are free! There is a lot to be said for sleep. See you Friday!

jodi said...

We will all miss you soooo much, it really won't be the same without you! So keep blogging so we can keep up with you guys...

Thomas family said...

MELANIE,
THNAKS FOR YOUR CUTE NOTE I WILL MISS THE WALMART TRIPS AT 3:00AM. I HAD TO CREATE A NEW BLOG SPOT IT IS jeremyandmindythomas@blogspot.com
see ya

mindy thomas

Ryan, Jaina, Austin & Keeton said...

Sorry I couldn't make the work girls lunch, I didn't think I would get much visiting in at nap time with a 2 year old and a 6 month old. I am so excited for you and your new adventures. We will miss you so much, you are an amazing nurse and friend. Keep blogging so we can keep in touch. P.S. I could not be more jealous of the sleep schedule, I wish it was me! Have a great summer not being a zombie!
Love ya

Laura said...

i know that you will miss it Mel but Enjoy your freedom and real sleep!!! I still can't believe that it has been FIVE years for you!!! What a GGRRRRRRREAT accomplishment!! You are an awesome nurse (I always wished I could have had you for mine!!)...remember that day in lab when we were doing IVs?? Since my veins are tiny you were so nervous so I drank my weight in water so you could find on and they were so huge⁄! Well, you got it right off and I was peeing for hours afterwards!!! You have come a long way wouldn't you say?! :) oh yeah, my email is thelintons@gmail.com, thanks so much for your note!!

Jaclyn said...

Melanie-
We will all totally miss you so much. Jodi is right. It won't be the same without you here at work. Especially the Lost talks. I hope you have fun. Keep in touch!
-Jaclyn

Kari said...

Wahooo! It is sOO nice to not work nights. Congrats to you!