Saturday, May 24, 2008

Withdrawal

It's only been about 3.5 weeks since we left Utah and it's already hit me. The fact that Cafe Rio shredded chicken salads are no longer available. My favorite. I loved these salads. I loved the creamy drssing. I actually got so desperate that this past week I actually attempted to make a copycat version. It turned out pretty good- it had the pork, the dressing, the rice and I made my own pico de gallo. I was actually pretty proud of myself, it took a good many hours of hard work to make it but... as good as it was, it just wasn't the same. I know, for sure, that will be the first place I go to eat when I come back and visit.

5 comments:

jodi said...

I will have to UPS one to you!!! I would totally do it, I don't think I could live without it for very long...

dersley said...

I totally feel your pain. And it still hasn't gotten any easier after being away from Utah for over five years. Every time we go to visit Utah, Cafe Rio is one of our first stops and if I can I usually get some to take on the plane ride home too.

I am glad to hear I am not the only Cafe Rio obsessed person out there.
I even once started sending the Cafe Rio site daily e-mails asking them to please, please, please open a restaurant somewhere in the state of Colorado. That place is So good.

If you need somebody to mourn with.. give me a call!

Jen

Angie Lewis said...

I feel your pain as well, Mel...that's why I made those copycat recipes too - it was good, but it's just not the same! At least you'll have 2 reasons to come visit Provo (Cafe Rio and us!) :) By the way, the pic that you said shows your belly doesn't look like anything to me - you look great!

Erika said...

I am so sorry Mel. There were places that I totally missed eating out at here in Utah when we moved back to AR after college. I am just glad to be back out here where there are so many great places to eat. Cafe Rio is one of my favorites as well. You will just have to come visit often so you can eat there. Hope you are doing great. We miss you at work.

Laura said...

my mouth is definitely watering--how can you not miss those salad and dressing!! I do--you can bet I will be there in july when I visit utah!