Friday, May 30, 2008

First Lost Tooth

I can't believe it. Tyler just lost his first tooth last night. I was so excited for him especially since he was so brave and so proud when it came out. He couldn't stop grinning and then running to the bathroom to look. But to me, I'll admit, it was a bit sad too. Every milestone Tyler goes through makes me feel like time is passing by way too fast and that I'm just not ready. I can still envision him as my little two year old, my little boy. And Makenzie as my baby. It's hard to admit that he's not a little boy anymore and we all know that Makenzie isn't anything close to a baby. But it's hard to let go of that. And while I'm so proud of him and of all the progress he makes and all the stages he goes through, a part of me just thinks, "Please don't grow up. Just stay my little boy forever". But time goes on and there isn't anything we can do about it except treasure the little moments.
Here's a quote I found that helped cheer me up a little:
"One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering".
I love you Tyler, you silly boy!

4 comments:

Angie Lewis said...

Wow - that's so exciting! I can't believe how much your kids have grown up since I first met you...you had just barely had Kenzie when Jon and I started dating. Time sure flies when you're having fun! By the way, I also enjoyed Mike's post...that was pretty funny!

Anonymous said...

Mel you are so cute! just remember you got a little baby on the way! You are doing such a great job at being a mom... love you!

neuroticmom said...

I'm so glad I read your post tonight. I am having a seriously bad day (fussy Sam) and I really needed to read that quote and get some perspective. The baby months only last a short time and I need to enjoy them more. Love you. Miss you.

Chris said...

Oh my goodness! The older we get the faster time goes it seems. I've always heard people say that, but I am really understanding it now. It goes too fast. I sent some graduation pictures to your email. Your kids are so cute, and Mike's post was very impressive.