Monday, September 8, 2008

So grown up, what's a mom to do?

Today I sent both Tyler and Makenzie off to school, came home and wondered for a minute what to do with myself. Of course, I then spent the next couple of hours finding plenty to do- and not fun stuff either. But still- cleaning the house, paying the bills and running errands is so much easier without "little helpers". Tyler started kindergarten last week- his is from 11:35 to 3:00. So I put Makenzie in an afternoon preschool from 12:45-3:30. We'll see how it goes. Right now I'm just sad looking at these pictures. I always thought it was so hard when they were both little but now I would rather they be three and one again then almost 6 and 4. It's scary when you realize that now your little ones are off in the world and you can't control their environment anymore. I don't like the feeling...... worry, anxious.... I'd much rather spend the day at the park chasing them on the slides and pushing them on the swings. I don't want them to grow up anymore. Good thing I have another one coming, eh?




4 comments:

HeatherD said...

How adorable! I cannot believe how grown up they are. I am having the same worries about Meg going to preschool (she starts in a couple weeks). I am a nervous wreck about it. It is crazy to think that in a few months you will be back at the diaper stage. I am soooooo excited for you! We love and miss you all!

Angie Lewis said...

Wow, that is pretty crazy! Enjoy the time to yourself because you'll be busy again soon! :)

Jaina said...

I can totally relate. Ryan started working in the oil field this week, which means a 24 hr call schedule for 2 weeks straight. So he left at 6 am on Monday and came home at 1:30am only to leave for another 30 hrs after being home for 10. So I was like, so looks like it is you and me kids. But now that we are coming into day 4, there is a little bit of a groove there. I was just used to him coming home every night after I have been home all day, but the kids and I are adjusting well.
Cute pics, they are so big! I will be there before you know it!

Unknown said...

I cried like a pitbull at a Sarah Palin rally when each of our kids left for school in the big bad world. It's a sad part of life.