Thursday, November 8, 2007

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

So I've been working on scrapbooking my pictures from this summer in NYC and I can't help but get a little homesick for the city life. Mike is laughing at me right now too because the last two weeks there I was always complaining about how I couldn't wait to get back to Utah. And that was true. By the end of the summer I was sick of our teeny tiny apartment and the a/c unit that only worked half the time and traveling around on the subway everyday. But I don't think I ever complained about all of the things to do there. I miss our favorite spots- the Burger Joint, the Shake Shack, Riverside Walkway, Hippo Park, Central Park West, Grimaldi's (the list could go on and on). I miss the energy there. Of course I realize that I have either forgotten or minimalized all of the things I didn't like about the city since I've been back here but I still miss it. We had such an exciting summer there. It truly was an ADVENTURE. I'm thinking about planning a trip back after Mike graduates to visit Alan and Maline and relive the memories.


1 comment:

jodi said...

I can't wait to see your scrapbook pages- I bet they will be amazing!